We're happy to announce Kiwi TCMS version 8.3!
IMPORTANT: this is a small release which updates 3rd party libraries, provides several improvements, includes minor API updates and new translations. It is the first release to include contributions via our open source bounty program. You can explore everything at https://public.tenant.kiwitcms.org!
Supported upgrade paths:
5.3 (or older) -> 5.3.1 5.3.1 (or newer) -> 6.0.1 6.0.1 -> 6.1 6.1 -> 6.1.1 6.1.1 -> 6.2 (or newer)
kiwitcms/kiwi latest c5dbd9a7ded6 562 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.2 7870085ad415 957 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1.1 49fa42ddfe4d 955 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.1 b559123d25b0 970 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 6.0.1 87b24d94197d 970 MB kiwitcms/kiwi 5.3.1 a420465852be 976 MB
Changes since Kiwi TCMS 8.2
- Update django-colorfield from 0.2.2 to 0.3.0
- Update django-simple-history from 2.8.0 to 2.9.0
- Update prismjs from 1.19.0 to 1.20.0
- Update psycopg2 from 2.8.4 to 2.8.5
- Update pygithub from 1.47 to 1.50
- Update python-gitlab from 2.1.2 to 2.2.0
- It is now possible to reopen closed bugs - Fixes Issue #1152 (@cmbahadir)
- Visual improvements for Status matrix telemetry:
- columns now link to test runs
- tool-tips show test run summary
- Show TOTAL in tool-tip for Execution trends telemetry
- Self-signed SSL certificate is now built more frequently and is valid for 10 years
- Improved documentation around self-signed certificates
- Improved documentation around e-mail backend configuration. Closes Issue #1070 (@Schwarzkrieger)
- Methods TestPlan.create, TestPlan.update and TestRun.update now use Django's ModelForm to properly validate input data against the model
- Method TestCase.update now also accepts username and email values for fields author, default_tester and reviewer
Kiwi TCMS Enterprise v8.3-mt
Includes internal refactoring and upgrades around Tenant schema names/domain names validation and better visual hints when creating tenants. For a list of changes see https://github.com/MrSenko/kiwitcms-enterprise/#v83-mt-27-apr-2020
Vote for Kiwi TCMS
Our website has been nominated in the 2020 .eu Web Awards and we've promised to do everything in our power to greet future FOSDEM visitors with an open source billboard advertising at BRU airport. We need your help to do that!
- Go to https://webawards.eurid.eu/?q=kiwitcms.eu;
- Point your mouse to the photo of our website and click the Thumbs Up 👍 button;
- No email or registration required!
How to upgrade
Backup first! If you are using Kiwi TCMS as a Docker container then:
cd path/containing/docker-compose/ docker-compose down # !!! docker tag to keep older image version on the machine docker pull kiwitcms/kiwi docker pull centos/mariadb-103-centos7 docker-compose up -d docker exec -it kiwi_web /Kiwi/manage.py migrate
Refer to our documentation for more details!